Our Babies' Birthdays!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday updates

**updates** are on the bottom.

I talked with Amanda this morning and found out the the Neurologist did indeed tell the family that Tony would never wake up. The EEG brain Scan showed very little activity. They decided to pull the life support equipment last night as that was Tony's desire should he ever be in this situation. Tony has been breathing on his own for over 13 hours. I understand it is very labored and it was described as a snore. Amanda has accepted that her Dad is gone.

She is great full for your words of encouragement.

*** Afternoon Update ***
Tony is still breathing but his oxygen levels are going down and his heart rate has become irregular. Amanda and her sister are scheduled to come home tomorrow but we both think that some one should stay with her mom. So at this point we are unsure of her return status.

2 comments:

Aurora said...

I am sadden to hear that Tony will no longer be with us but I am happy to know that he had a fantastic vacation with his best friend, his wife, Lucy.
Amanda...I love you my friend! Again, I am sorry that I am not with you physically in such a difficult time but I have been with you mentally and spiritually ever since I heard the news Monday morning. May the Lord grant all of you peace in such a difficult time. Take care please!

Astraea said...

Please know that we are here for you. You're in our prayers. May God grant you the peace and understanding you need to get you through this time. We love you so much.