Our Babies' Birthdays!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Please Pray for the Schultz's

On Sunday night, Amanda's father suffered heart failure while out of state on vacation in Tennessee. They had to use the electric paddles to get him going. He is still in a coma and on a respirator. The nurses fear that he did not have oxygen flowing to his brain for too long and that he will either not wake up, or have severe brain damage.

The nurses also said to have any family that can, come in to say good byes and make peace. We were able to get Amanda and her sister on a flight this morning to TN. Who knew those frequent flyer miles from all my work trips would get such good use?

Another less tragic but still sentimental loss on Sunday, somehow the stone from Amanda's wedding ring fell out earlier on Sunday. We have not been able to locate it. Amanda was heart broken about that even before she found out about her dad.

If you can leave an encouraging comment for her here or possible leave a voice mail mesg I know Amanda would appriecreat it greatly. She can't receive calls in the hospital so make sure you let her know if you call.

2 comments:

Aurora said...

My dear best friend! This is a tragedy both you and I have feared for so long. Oh how I wish I could be with you right now just holding you and offering you my shoulder to cry on. You know that I have been crying off and on all day just thinking of you and what you all are going through. I have prayed so much for GOD to grant everyone peace and to take care of your wonderful DADDY! I just want to hear your voice Mandy but I know that you are overwhelmed with all that is going on right now. Please know that I truly love you like my sister and am hurting right along with you. I love you so much my friend. PLEASE PLEASE take care and call me as soon as you feel up to it. It can be ANYTIME of the day or night. Sharon told me this morning about your call and I was a mess especially knowing that I could not run to be by your side. My heart, thoughts and prayers are being sent your way my friend! I love you dearly!

Soosoo said...

Manda: Todd, Chloe and I are all praying for you and your family, especially your Dad. Now is the time to reach out in faith and find the strength necessary to carry you through. I love you, Soosoo